Friday, March 13th, 2020 by Barrett Lanigan
Now is the time to start cleaning out your house before springtime comes! Here is a list of 10 important steps you can take to keep your home clean and safe!
1. Make a schedule. Regardless of where you start, having a plan for when you’re tackling each room will keep you focused on the task at hand.
2. De-clutter. Set aside some time to organize your closets, dust and organize your office, and clean out that dreaded junk drawer
3. Always work from top to bottom. This will force debris downward and keep you from having to re-dust or re-clean your space.
4. Use a HEPA vacuum. A high-quality HEPA vacuum catches particles you can’t even see and remove allergens and impurities from the air.
5. Think green. A steam cleaner is one of the best green products for spring cleaning. It can be used to clean your microwave, tile, hard floors, kitchen appliances, bathrooms, and even outdoor areas.
6. Walls and windows need love too. Use a damp towel to wipe down walls and blinds (starting from the top). Remove and wipe down the window screens outside.
7. Address the kitchen and bathroom. In the kitchen, wipe down the cabinets and go through your pantry and refrigerator. Wipe down the shelves and throw away old items. In the bathroom, change your shower curtain and go through your cosmetics drawer or medicine cabinet and throw away expired items.
8. Don’t forget about your air. Replacing furnace and HVAC filters is one of the most important and overlooked parts of spring cleaning.
9. If you have severe allergies, protect yourself. For safe spring cleaning, wear rubber gloves, masks, scarves and even hairnets to guard against skin irritations and allergic reactions.
10. Let spring cleaning set a new tone. If your space feels dark and heavy, you can make small changes like colorful pillows or art to help make it light and fresh for spring.